SO crepes have become insanely popular the last couple of years. No idea why but they have. They are incredibly easy to make but many people get put off. The first thing you are going to need the is the best crepe pans you can afford. They are cheap so there is no excuse not to buy a really good one. There’s a bunch on there that you can pick from, all of them are pretty great. Just don’t go getting one for a dollar from Walmart or something. If this is something you are going to make regularly then get a special pan otherwise any shallow pan will do. Needs to have a diameter of around 8 inches.
You will also need a decent batter spreader. Some of the pans come with a free one but you can pick them up for next to nothing on Amazon.com
Ok so you have the tools required. Now you need the ingredients. Now you are probably gong to have all these things in the house so you won’t need to go anywhere to get started. Bonus.
- 30 grams unsalted butter (you may need more later for frying in)
- 150 grams plain flour
- 325 millilitres milk
- 1 large egg
Nothing complicated and no weird ingredients. Keep it simple.
- Melt the button in a pan and then let it cool slightly.
- Put the flour, milk and egg into a blender give it a quick spin to mix it all up. Pour into a jug and mix in the melted butter.
- Heat your crêpe pan and put 2–3 tablespoons of batter into the pan and use your spreader to spread it around the base of the pan, of you don’t have a spreader just twirl the pan in your hand. They cook fast so flip it after about 30 seconds to cook the other side. Another 30 seconds and it will be done.
- Repeat the process until you have used all your batter.
- Marvel at your cooking skills.
Easy to make and they taste amazing. Add your favourite syrup or whatever. People eat these things with some weird combinations. I’m a sucker for golden syrup.